Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A New Skirt for Lily

I had a very productive day! While the kids were away at their Tuesday program and Maggie was napping...............I made Lily an A-line skirt with elastic waist and a matching headband. Here it is:



Here's a closeup of the fabric:

It's a little hard to see. The top fabric is Michael Miller "Polly Paisley". It's dark brown with lime green paislies. The bottom is Kaffe Fassett, but I don't know what collection it's from. It was a scrap I got from Hancock's of Paducah. It was on the way to St. Louis last weekend, and I couldn't resist going in. I've ordered stuff from them over the web and they have great prices on designer fabric. Inside was even better....with a remnant table at half price!

Here's the matching headband:




I finished it up tonight after they were all in bed. I also figured out how to add music to my blog. I feel very computer-savvyish. Which I'm really not actually.........

Thomas is in Seattle for the week. So, the kids and I and Dolores all travelled to St. Louis for the weekend. It was a whirlwind trip, but we all had a very nice time. Kathy and the boys stuffed 240 plastic eggs with candy for an Easter egg hunt for my 3 kids! We have candy coming out of our ears! They had such a great time! It was doubly nice of them because Lily had a rotten Easter. She had strep throat and a bladder infection! She didn't get to wear her pretty Easter dress or anything! I tried to console her by telling her how cold everyone was in their "Easter best". It was 40 degrees here Easter morning! She is even going to wear her new skirt I made to church this Sunday........before she wears her Easter dress. I take that as a HUGE compliment :) I will take lots of pictures and bug all of you with them!

Here are some pics from our St. Louis trip. Notice Patrick lounging on Buddy! He has finally gotten over his fear of Buddy!!!









Easter pics:





I think I'll go to bed now before I shock anyone and start a third whole post in ONE month....oh my! Now that would be shocking!

No comments: