The forecast for tonight at the beach is: below freezing with a chance of SNOW!!! Sheesh!Anyway, it's been a good day except for the battery dying on the van....
This week I implemented the advent of cooking lessons for Lily and Patrick. They planned their menus, we shopped for the ingredients and then they both had a separate night to cook.
Lily made Italian spaghetti, garlic breadsticks and fudge from the kids Betty Crocker cookbook she got for Christmas.


The fudge didn't work for some reason. I frankly think the recipe was screwy. They really had fun, and are looking forward to the next lessons.
The kids got the movie Speed Racer for Christmas. They watched it last week and have been begging me to make vanilla cinnamon pancakes ever since. Apparently some of the characters eat them in the movie and the kids thought they sounded good. I made up a recipe, and it actually turned out great:
In other news, Patrick lost his other front tooth and got a dollar from the tooth fairy last night. He told me he doesn't believe in her anymore, but she came anyway :)
Thank you Lord for the kindness of strangers with battery chargers :) At least we were in the parking garage. Turns out, I didn't close the trunk very well the other day. A little stressful since I am not one of those people who handle unexpected things well. I wish I was, but is there much hope for changing after the age of 35?? I'll take a poll.....feel free to weigh in. Lily was in control though, calmly telling me it would be alright :) The baby slept through it all, and Maggie didn't even melt down. I can't ask for much more, can I? So, no big deal, but I am now the proud owner of my very own battery charger.
This week I implemented the advent of cooking lessons for Lily and Patrick. They planned their menus, we shopped for the ingredients and then they both had a separate night to cook.
Patrick made pepperoni pizza with cookies for dessert.
Lily made Italian spaghetti, garlic breadsticks and fudge from the kids Betty Crocker cookbook she got for Christmas.
The fudge didn't work for some reason. I frankly think the recipe was screwy. They really had fun, and are looking forward to the next lessons.
The kids got the movie Speed Racer for Christmas. They watched it last week and have been begging me to make vanilla cinnamon pancakes ever since. Apparently some of the characters eat them in the movie and the kids thought they sounded good. I made up a recipe, and it actually turned out great:
2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 T. baking powder
2 eggs
2 T. vanilla
1 T. cinnamon
enough vanilla soymilk to make the batter the consistency you like
Mix it all up..........fry in a pan. Yum!
I know I keep posting recipes and stuff, but I finally feel like cooking again after a year or so. I always hate to cook when I am pregnant.
In other news, Patrick lost his other front tooth and got a dollar from the tooth fairy last night. He told me he doesn't believe in her anymore, but she came anyway :)





No comments:
Post a Comment