Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Promised Blog Blatherings

We got home from the beach late Saturday night. First thing Sunday morning, the kids demanded to know when our Fall celebration would be. So......I cooked up a storm Monday afternoon after school. We had spiral ham that I froze in February when Sam's was getting rid of them for $10, stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, peas and carrots (my favorite, but the kids hate them!) apple cider and the tofu pumpkin cheesecake. I know that sounds just terrible but remarkably, it tasted great! For inquiring minds, there is a brand called "Tofutti" that makes non-dairy substitutes. I have had their "cream cheese" and "sour cream". It is amazing how close they taste to the real thing! I wish they'd come up with a cheese substitute. So far I haven't found anything that wasn't worse than doing without! So anyway, I was thrilled that my cheesecake turned out well. I had no idea how heat would affect the stuff. No one could taste the difference. I love it when things work out :)

We also pulled out our Fall decorations. It is still mid to upper 80s here which is a bummer when it should be mid 70s by now, but it sure beats the 107 we had in August!!! I am very weather fixated. It is a Quenelle trait :)
A sampling:

Lily's construction paper leaf garland.

So, regardless of the weather, I will celebrate my favorite season! Yeah!!

No comments: