Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Just a Taste of Autumn



I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall! And it's almost here! Yeah! After a summer of drought and almost daily record breaking high temperatures, I am allowing myself to jump the gun just a wee bit early and put a couple of my Fall decorations out. The rest will come out next week on the "official" Fall equinox. Just look at my lovely Walmart Jack-be-littles! Maggie thinks they're balls and keeps grabbing them, saying, "Bah!" and throwing them. They may not last till next week.....

I will try to wait to fully revel in an orgy of Fall blog blatherings until I get back from vacation a week from Saturday. We are going to Gulf Shores, Alabama. We have actually never taken a family vacation all together. Usually we go separately with one or all kids to visit family. It's just worked out that way with work schedules, pregnancies etc. I am really excited to have this time with my little family. We are keeping it a surprise for the kids. They will be so excited to go to the beach! We've rented a condo with an ocean view, and will do all our own cooking. So, I'm starting to make lists etc. We usually have a big First-Day-of-Fall Sharn Family Celebration with pumpkin cheesecake (this year a tofu/mock cream cheese one for me) and stew or something "Fall-ish". So, I guess we'll be doing some of that at the beach. Thomas is in desperate need of a vacation, and the 7 hour drive there and back should give me a lot of time to get some serious knitting done. I need to finish a blanket for Patrick. So that's my goal for the trip!

I have finished another bag........



They're not the best pictures, but I couldn't get any good light for some reason.
And I "finished" a skirt for myself, but the hem is wildly uneven, so it's not as done as I thought it was :( Anyway........ I'll get it done in a couple weeks! I went and got a sewing gauge, so hopefully that will help. I never have been able to cut in a straight line!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your time away was nice. The beach sounds lovely :)

Anonymous said...

"...this year a tofu/mock cream cheese one for me.."
WHY?

Nicole said...

Uneven hems on skirts are very cool. It's called a fishtail. I say go with it! Groovyness!