Friday, January 13, 2012

A New House....A New Year....A Few Resolutions

Our beautiful house was finished and we closed on September 30th. It doesn't have much on the walls yet and the kids have made their marks on it in a few places, but we couldn't be happier with it and in it! I am still savoring the feel of not bumping into anything as I walk around :) Despite my happiness in our home, it's been a bit of a challenging fall and winter physically. I've had 2 sinus infections and 2 nasty stomach viruses since the end of September. I'm hoping to say goodbye to that sort of thing for the rest of the year!! I didn't think I'd make any New Year's Resolutions this year. They usually get thrown out pretty quickly....but I've been thinking that I never define things very well and usually don't give myself room to be successful. I don't have objectives to meet my goals. AND...the biggest probably....they always have to do with weight and I'm sick of making grandiose resolutions that I can't commit to. This year, I am in need of seeing some headway in my life. So...a few "resolutions".... 1: I will craft (knit, sew, embroider etc.) from my sizable existing stash- only buying new materials to finish an existing project if necessary....with two exceptions....if I get to Paducah this year, I will go to Hancock's of Paducah for their awesome remnant table...and I might buy new materials if I am using gift money only 2: I will complete the half-finished projects in my craft room...namely an adult sweater, 2 baby sweaters, a baby blanket, a wool scarf, a ruffled scarf and an embroidered baby quilt 3: I will aim to exercise at least 3 times per week 4: I will commit to following the No-S eating plan: http://www.nosdiet.com/ 5: I will follow my schedules and chore lists 6: To make myself happy, I will dress nicer and wear jewelry and makeup at least 5 days a week unless I'm sick 7: Since I began this blog in order to document some of our family life for my own sake, I will commit to blog at least twice a month....and include updates on my resolutions So....here's to a productive year :)

1 comment:

Gail Houle said...

I am so happy to see you posting again! I hope you are successful with all your resolutions!
Love you!