Friday, February 2, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me

I was tagged for a "meme" by Dawn last Saturday. I never heard of this, but here are the rules:
THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Ok....so I think only about 5 or six people read this and the only one that has a blog is Dawn, so I can't make anyone else do this! So all 4 of you...go start a blog or something :)

But here are six weird things about me:
1) I never have socks to wear because I take them off in the middle of the night and forget about them until I change my sheets and a pile of socks fall on the ground. (I also never seem to remember this when I am searching for a pair of socks to wear).
2) I love 40s and 50s jazz. My kids are growing up thinking Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra are cool cats :)
3) I hate sushi. I include this because apparently everyone else on the planet loves sushi. The first and only time I ever ate it, I literally spit it out in Thomas's hand. He didn't even get mad (that's love for you).
4) I love diet coke. I know this is not weird, BUT I love it COLD, IN THE CAN. And there never seems to be enough room in the fridge for all that soda, so I put it in the ice bin in the freezer for awhile before I drink it. I have to set a timer somewhere to remind me when to take it out of the freezer because 4 times I have forgotten about the cans and they have literally exploded in the freezer. Trust me..... you don't want to clean up messes like that!!!! More than once I have had to turn around from wherever I was driving, to go fish a diet coke out of the freezer that I suddenly remembered I had forgotten about. (Don't ask me how many times I've turned around, because well, that would be embarrassing).
5) I love history! I include this because I sense I am in a distinct minority here. Or at least that is what I have been told. That is one of my favorite things about homeschooling; I get to learn history all over again!
6) I pay $2 every week to watch The Office on the computer because I love it, and by choice we don't have our TV hooked up to an antenna or cable or anything. It's weird I know, but there's a method to my madness. I have noticed there is no more "Cosby Show" on TV like there was when I was growing up. And commercials make me crazy.

I was just getting warmed up on my "weirdness", but since I'm only required to provide 6 instances, I think I'll quit :)

2 comments:

D said...

Ok, well, you are definitely a bit weird.;) Thanks for doing the meme! :)

Hubby is the same way about his soda - I am constantly finding them forgotten in the freezer.

What kind of sushi did you try? Honestly, with that you have to start out with only certain kinds and work your way up. I can teach you, Young Scholar. Wasabi can be enlightening! ;)

Luv ya,
D

D said...

*tap, tap, tap* Is this thing on?

Hope you guys are doing ok!